What is the HYSA?
The Hudson Youth Soccer Association (HYSA), is a non-profit organization formed and established to provide for the advancement of amateur soccer in the town of Hudson and neighboring towns. It will arrange, promote, organize and supervise amateur soccer competition involving persons five years of age and older, who reside in Hudson, Massachusetts and neighboring towns. HYSA is a run by a Board of Directors comprised of volunteers.
How much does it cost for my child to play soccer?
Here is the pricing. To sign up your child, go to the registration page.
|League||Early Fee||Normal Fee||Late Fee|
|Adv Small Fry||$45.00||$55.00||$75.00|
What equipment does my child need to play soccer?
- For Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry, shin pads are required and cleats are recommended. The players should also have a tee shirt which can be ordered during registration. Each player should bring their own size 3 ball to each session. The size 3 ball can also be purchased at registration if they don’t already have their own.
- For U8, a full uniform is required. The shirt is provided, but the shorts and socks need to be ordered at registration. Cleats and shin pads are also required. Each player should bring their own size 3 ball to each practice.
- U10-U12 a full uniform is required and can be purchased at registration. The shorts and socks from U8 can still be used, but a new uniform shirt is required for U10 and up. Cleats and shin pads are required and each player should bring a size 4 ball to each practice.
- U14-U18 a full uniform is required and can be purchased at registration. The same uniform for U10-U12 can be used for U14-U18. Cleats and shin pads are required and each player should bring a size 5 ball to each practice.
Does the registration fee include uniforms?
- For Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry, a tee shirt is the only required uniform and can be purchased at the time of registration.
- For U8 shirt, shorts and socks are required. The shirt for U8 is included in the registration fee, but the shorts and socks should be ordered during registration.
- For U10-U18 the standard full uniform is required and is not included in the registration fee and should be ordered during registration.
What does the registration fee cover?
The HYSA registration fee covers the following program costs:
- MYSA (Mass Youth Soccer Association) Insurance coverage
- MYSA registration
- Basic HYSA administration costs
- Referee fees
- Team Equipment such as balls, practice vests, cones, discs, etc.
- Field maintenance such as field painting, net repair, sand bags, field repair etc.
- Field equipment (goals, nets, corner flags, etc).
How are coaches selected?
HYSA depends upon parents to volunteer as coaches. Unfortunately we are always in desperate need of coaches and they are usually in short supply. Please don’t be reluctant to volunteer, even if you’re not athletic and know nothing about soccer. Many of our most successful coaches never played soccer and are learning the sport along with their children! Of course, because most of our volunteer coaches are not professional educators or soccer players, occasionally some parents feel their children are not receiving the best soccer instruction. If you find yourself in this situation, we suggest you pick up a book on soccer, come to a coaches’ clinic, and volunteer your services. We can always use assistant coaches, and you will quickly discover the joy of watching the children improve their skills under your guidance. Preference for coaching will be given to those who have completed or are taking licensing courses. You can contact the HYSA Board of Directors for more information about licensing courses.
Is it possible that my child might NOT be assigned to a team?
Yes. HYSA wants every child to be able to play and we make every effort to do so. Unfortunately there are some situations when that is not possible. Sometimes we do not have enough volunteer coaches or there are not enough players to form a complete team. There is great amount of effort to prepare HSYA for each season. For U10-U18 we play in the Nashoba league the team submission deadlines are very strict. For the spring we must submit our teams the first week in December and for the Fall the first week of June. This is why it is very important to register your children as soon as the online registration opens up. There have been some cases where people signed up within the registration period but because we didn’t have enough to form an additional team we had to refuse some players. Teams are formed on a first come first serve basis. To be eligible for the team formation process all registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration so if you register your child and elect to mail a check then the check must be received by HYSA before the team formation deadline. Late registrations will be considered depending on space availability.
How do I find out if the fields are closed due to weather?
Field status will be posted on the Field Status Page. Every effort will be made to announce field closings as soon as possible. If time permits, an email will also be sent out.