- A full 8-week season that begins later and ends later (including possible summer play).
- Shortened season that begins later and ends normally or slightly later.
- There is also the possibility of the season being canceled depending on the decisions of national, state and local authorities having jurisdiction over our play.
Registration is now open for the High School Preseason Clinic!
Who: For all boys and girls who plan to play any level of high school soccer during the fall of 2019.
Description: A six (6) week summer clinic including a combination of speed, agility, quickness, strength and endurance training, skills training, small‐sided games, and scrimmages. All sessions will be run by experienced New England Revolution Academy Coaches.
Location: Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, Aztec Field, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough.
When (15 Sessions)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, weeks of 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29 and 8/5, 6:30 ‐ 8:00 PM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, week of 8/12, 6:00 ‐ 8:00 PM
Registration: Go to https://reg.sportspilot.com/105576/login to register. Registration will be open from 6/3 to 8/11.
Cost: $150.00 per player with a $25.00 discount for each additional sibling.
Required: Players should wear a t‐shirt, soccer shorts, soccer socks, shin‐guards and soccer cleats. Bring a size 5 soccer ball and plenty of water.
Why should you register?
- You want extra touches on the ball to improve your game.
- You want to be physically fit the first day of team practices.
- You want to earn a starting position on your team.
- You want to hold a starting position on your team.
- You want to advance to a next level team.
- You want to improve your compete level.
Congratulations to the Girls G5/6A team with coach Sam Calandra for winning the Nashoba Cup (NCup) this past weekend, beating Nashoba G5/6A 2-1 in the final!
We are excited to offer Winter Futsal programs this winter. Futsal is an indoor, small‐sided game played on a hard surface with a heavier futsal ball and futsal goals. Futsal offers many benefits as it improves decision making skills, improves reaction time, provides many touches on the ball, increases power via the weighted ball, develops confidence and improves creativity in 1v1’s. We are offering two sessions; one starting in December and one starting in February.
- For our younger ages (Advanced Small Fry and Grade 1/2), we will have parent volunteer coaches run the sessions, including a mix of skills and games. For these age groups, we will be holding the sessions on Saturdays at the Hudson Portuguese Club.
- For our older ages (Grade 3/4 and Grades 5/6 & 7/8), we will have a Revolution Academy coach run the sessions, including a mix of skills and games. For these age groups, we will be holding the sessions on Saturdays mornings at the Hudson MetroWest Boys and Girls Club.
We are very proud to introduce our new HYSA logo! We had a logo contest earlier this year where the the winning entry would receive $100 but the HYSA Board determined that the none of the logos submitted met our brand requirements and so we didn’t declare a winner. This summer, we created a HYSA logo committee (Ed Hannan, Amanda Gyllstrom and Olivier Sartor) tasked with creating a new logo and kudos to them for the result. We want to thank everyone who applied for the logo contest including Ainsley Majer, Brian Estrela, Carl Hart, Courtney DePeter, Dan Rouse, Dylan DePeter, Luke DePeter, James Malloy, Jonathan Moura and Julie Kuhn. As consolation prize, we are awarding Dan Rouse $50 for his 2nd place logo submission. We hope your share our enthusiasm about our new logo and stay tuned for new merchandise in the coming months emblazoned with our new logo.
We encourage everyone to attend the 5th Annual Millennium 5K Race for 4 Jake’s Sake this Sunday, May 20th at the Hudson Elks Club 99 Park Street, Hudson, MA. The 4 Jake’s Sake Charitable Foundation a non-profit 501(c)(3) whose mission is to help Jake Marrazzo and other families living with Duchenne muscular dystrophy to make their homes and lives accessible. Jake used to play HYSA soccer but didn’t continue because of the disease. There are many ways to participate; you can run or walk the 5K race, kids under 13 can run in the Padawan race or you can volunteer. You can register online or on Sunday morning starting at 8am. The Padawan kids race is at 930am and the 5K race starts at 10am. There will be a raffle to support the charity and plenty of fun events for the whole family. And there will be Star Wars characters in full costumes!
Visit the Millennium 5K Facebook page for more details.
The Hudson High School Junior Booster Club is a non-profit organization that raises funds for activities and events for the students at HHS. On April 29th, they are hosting a 5k Color Run around Hudson. Kids and parents of all ages are welcome to participate. We encourage HYSA parents and kids to participate and create HYSA race teams.
5k Color Run
Date: Sunday April 29th
Location: At the Hudson High School Morgan Bowl
Times: Please arrive 1 hour before your start time
Farley, Forest Ave, Mulready and Quinn School Students & Parents
12pm: Race Start
Hudson High School Students, Parents and Adults
2pm: Race Start