FALL 2020 SEASON
- Early registration is now open for the FALL 2020 soccer season.
- All players who plan to play this fall must register (even if you registered for the spring).
- The registration fee is $0.00 for all returning players who registered for the spring season and who have not requested and received a refund.
- The early, regular and late registration fees for all other players are listed on our registration page.
SUMMER 2020 CLINICS
- Pending further direction from authorities who have jurisdiction over our play, we anticipate opening registration for our summer programs the week of June 15th.
- All players who plan to play this summer must register (even if you registered for the spring).
- The registration fee will be $150.00 for all players (due to limitations with our registration software, we can only transfer spring registration fees to one other program, which is the fall per above; note, this is different from our prior email).
- Players will be placed into grade groups based on their age for the upcoming fall 2020 – spring 2021 school year.
- Summer program highlights include:
- Run by HYSA’s Director of Coaching Chris Streeter and Revolution Academy Coaches;
- 6 weeks from the week of 7/6 to the week of 8/10;
- One session per week for SF and ASF, 2 sessions per week for grades 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8, and a return of our high school pre-season clinic (days, time of day, and length of sessions TBD); and
- Weekly game-like scrimmages for grades 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 on lined fields with referees, timed halves and uniforms.
Finally, if your player will not be playing this summer or next fall, then you may request a refund via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open for the High School Preseason Clinic!
Who: For all boys and girls who plan to play any level of high school soccer during the fall of 2019.
Description: A six (6) week summer clinic including a combination of speed, agility, quickness, strength and endurance training, skills training, small‐sided games, and scrimmages. All sessions will be run by experienced New England Revolution Academy Coaches.
Location: Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, Aztec Field, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough.
When (15 Sessions)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, weeks of 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29 and 8/5, 6:30 ‐ 8:00 PM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, week of 8/12, 6:00 ‐ 8:00 PM
Registration: Go to https://reg.sportspilot.com/105576/login to register. Registration will be open from 6/3 to 8/11.
Cost: $150.00 per player with a $25.00 discount for each additional sibling.
Required: Players should wear a t‐shirt, soccer shorts, soccer socks, shin‐guards and soccer cleats. Bring a size 5 soccer ball and plenty of water.
Why should you register?
- You want extra touches on the ball to improve your game.
- You want to be physically fit the first day of team practices.
- You want to earn a starting position on your team.
- You want to hold a starting position on your team.
- You want to advance to a next level team.
- You want to improve your compete level.
Congratulations to the Girls G5/6A team with coach Sam Calandra for winning the Nashoba Cup (NCup) this past weekend, beating Nashoba G5/6A 2-1 in the final!
We are excited to offer Winter Futsal programs this winter. Futsal is an indoor, small‐sided game played on a hard surface with a heavier futsal ball and futsal goals. Futsal offers many benefits as it improves decision making skills, improves reaction time, provides many touches on the ball, increases power via the weighted ball, develops confidence and improves creativity in 1v1’s. We are offering two sessions; one starting in December and one starting in February.
- For our younger ages (Advanced Small Fry and Grade 1/2), we will have parent volunteer coaches run the sessions, including a mix of skills and games. For these age groups, we will be holding the sessions on Saturdays at the Hudson Portuguese Club.
- For our older ages (Grade 3/4 and Grades 5/6 & 7/8), we will have a Revolution Academy coach run the sessions, including a mix of skills and games. For these age groups, we will be holding the sessions on Saturdays mornings at the Hudson MetroWest Boys and Girls Club.
In about the biggest news ever for our organization, we have just signed a long-term partnership agreement with the New England Revolution Academy to create soccer programs in order to better develop our players and coaches! This move is in a direct response to the feedback from our parent survey last November, which indicated that player and coach development are your highest priorities.
Starting with the Spring 2018 Soccer season, from the Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry program all the way up to Grade 7/8 and High School programs, players will be coached in age-appropriate practices by experienced Revolution Academy coaches alongside volunteer parent coaches. For the Grade 1/2 age groups and above, our soccer programs will consist of grade-based group practice nights with experienced Revolution Academy coaches alongside volunteer parent coaches, team specific practices with volunteer parent coaches, and skills days with experienced Revolution Academy coaches, all with curriculum developed by the Revolution Academy.
We hope you share our enthusiasm about this news and we would encourage you to take advantage of early registration for Spring 2018 Soccer. Our registration page includes detailed program descriptions, program dates and times, registration fees, and much more! In addition, we will be hosting information sessions for parents and coaches in the near future to go over our new partnership and programs.
01/23/18, Tuesday, HYSA Information Session from 630pm to 730pm at at Hudson High School Room G101.
02/13/18, Tuesday, HYSA Information Session (tentative)
03/11/18, Sunday, Daylight Savings
03/20/18, Tuesday, 1st day of spring
Early April – Start of the spring season
HYSA is pleased to announce that it will be offering a supplemental, 6-week skills clinic this fall for our Grade 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 players in partnership with Global Premier Soccer of Massachusetts. Please see the attached flyer for all the details.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following Board positions: Field Manager, Referee Assignor, and Small Fry Coordinator.
If you have a love for the game of soccer and/or you are seeking an active way to participate in your community, then please see below for additional information and please do not hesitate to contact one of the individuals listed.
We are also seeking additional Referees to join our Referee team so if your son or daughter or someone you know is interested in earning some extra money, then please also see the attachment. You do not have to play soccer to be a referee!