Fall 2021 Registration | Player Evals | Spring Season Ends | HS Clinic/in Events, Parents, Players /by HYSA Admin
Hello HYSA Parents!
After a year that included a season that never happened and an in-town soccer season last fall, I’m proud to say we’ve made it through the spring 2021 season! I apologize for the long post, but we’ve got a lot to cover here, so let’s get started.
Fall Registration Open!
As the spring season draws to a close, NOW is the time to register your son or daughter for the fall 2021 season! Register TODAY! and lock in early registration rates. Hudson Youth Soccer offers a safe, competitive sport for boys and girls with a family-friendly schedule of activities. Our Small Fry program is available for players as young as 4 years old on August 31, 2021. Whether you’re an experienced soccer player or you’ve never kicked a soccer ball in your life, Hudson Youth Soccer will teach your son or daughter how to play soccer while having fun with their friends and classmates.
2021-2022 Player Evaluations Next Week
With registration in mind, if your player(s) will be in grade 3, 4, 5 or 6 this fall and plans to play HYSA soccer in fall 2021 or spring 2022, then please plan to attend our player evaluations on both Monday, June 21 and Thursday, June 24 at our Upper Sauta field at 530 Main Street. Please see the attached flyer for all the details.
Spring 2021 Season Ends
This weekend will conclude our spring 2021 season for Grade 1/2, Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry with our Revolution Academy programming taking place on Saturday morning at Upper Sauta Field. It will also conclude our spring 2021 travel season for our Nashoba Valley Youth Soccer League (NVYSL) teams. Fortunately, most of our Hudson travel teams will be playing in town this weekend, which is a nice way to end the season. If your son or daughter is moving up into one of these age groups next fall (i.e., a Grade 2 player going into Grade 3, Grade 4 going into Grade 5, etc.), we invite you to come out and see what that next level of play looks like. It’s a great opportunity to see what the game looks like, get adjusted mentally to the bigger fields, etc. We would love to see all Hudson Youth Soccer players at as many games as possible this weekend, hopefully wearing your red uniform!
Here’s the NVYSL schedule for games this weekend:
9 a.m.: Hudson G34A at Littleton
9 a.m.: Hudson G34B vs. Groton-Dunstable (at Quinn Middle School)
Noon: Hudson G56A vs. Littleton (at Brook Street)
1:30 p.m.: Hudson B56A vs. Harvard (at Brook Street)
3 p.m.: Hudson G78A vs. Clinton (at Brook Street)
5 p.m.: Hudson B78A vs. Nashoba (at Brook Street)
3 p.m.: Hudson G911A vs. Clinton (at Brook Street)
High School Summer Clinic
Hudson Youth Soccer will once again be offering its popular High School Summer Clinic. This is for any students who will be in at least the 8th grade in Fall 2021. The clinic will include a combination of speed, agility, quickness, strength and endurance training, skills training, small‐sided games, and scrimmages. All sessions will be run by experienced New England Revolution Academy coaches. The program will run Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. during the weeks of July 5, July 12, July 19, July 26, and August 2 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. It will then run weeknights, Monday – Friday, the week of August 9 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The program will take place at the Upper Sauta field (530 Main Street). Cost is $150. Register today!
Hudson Youth Soccer
HYSA Spring 2021 Registration Now Open!/in Parents, Players /by HYSA Admin
We are pleased to announce that early registration for our Hudson Youth Soccer spring 2021 season is open! While we continue to monitor the latest developments with the coronavirus pandemic, we are fully confident that we will be able to offer a spring soccer program for all age groups this spring.
- For our older players in Grades 3/4 and above, we anticipate we will once again be participating in travel soccer with matches in Hudson against other towns as well as visiting those communities. More details on this will be shared in the coming weeks.
- For our youngest players in Small Fry, Advanced Small Fry and Grade 1/2, we expect the spring 2021 program will look pretty much the same as what you saw in the fall — Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry play on Saturday mornings while Grade 1/2 players have Wednesday night practices as well as Saturday morning games.
Safety will always be our highest priority. The Hudson Youth Soccer spring 2021 program will conform to the requirements of all authorities having jurisdiction, including but not limited to: the Hudson Board of Health, Hudson Recreation Department, Mass Youth Soccer, Commonwealth of Massachusetts. HYSA will distribute the requirements under which we will play closer to the start of the season.
Fall 2020 Schedule Update/in Parents, Players /by HYSA Admin
We’re going to start up our weeknight program with Revolution Academy coaches the week of September 21st and our first Saturday program will take place on Saturday, September 26th. We will run for eight straight weeks, including Columbus Day weekend, and conclude on Saturday, November 14. If you haven’t signed up for fall soccer, please note that late registration is still available. Here is a breakdown of what the season will look like.
Small Fry, Advanced Small Fry and Grade 1/2 programs
For those of you in our Small Fry, Advanced Small Fry and Grade 1/2 program, it will look very much the same as other seasons. Our Small Fry, Advanced Small Fry and Grade 1/2 program will take place on Saturday mornings with Revolution Academy coaches at Upper Sauta Field as there is enough space at Upper Sauta to allow our Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry programs to occur simultaneously while still allowing for social distancing.
- Our Small Fry and Advanced Small Fry players will convene on Saturday mornings for our weekly programming
- Small Fry: Saturday 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM at Upper Sauta Field
- Advanced Small Fry: Saturday 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM at Upper Sauta Field
- Our Grade 1/2 players will have a Weekday practice and small-sided games on Saturday morning
- Grade 1/2 Weekday Practice: Wednesday afternoon 4:30 PM to 5:20 PM
- Grade 1/2 Games: Saturday 8 AM to 9 AM at Upper Sauta Field
Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 programs
Those of you who registered for our Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 programs will see some changes. We will have in-town play plus weekday practice clinics. Hudson Youth Soccer is also aggressively pursuing travel friendlies against neighboring communities. Though nothing is official, we have had very positive discussions with at least one nearby community. Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 players will be divided into co-ed groups and will compete in small-sided games each Saturday. All games in these age groups will occur simultaneously at our Brook Street complex, which has enough space to accommodate these games and allow for social distancing.
- Grade 3/4/5/6/7/8 Practices: See below
- Grade 3/4 Games: Saturday 8:30 AM to 10 AM at Brook Street complex
- Grade 5/6 Games: Saturday 10:30 AM to noon at Brook Street complex
- Grade 7/8 Games: Saturday 12:30 PM to 2 PM at Brook Street complex
What’s at stake?
These are unique times, so we wanted to do something a little different this fall. We are proud to announce that our Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 divisions will each compete for the inaugural Hudson Cup. We will have enough teams in each age group (3/4, 5/6, 7/8) to allow for round-robin play so teams are not playing the same team every Saturday. These games will be played with referees, time and score will be kept, and they will be treated seriously, with the extra layer of fun and competition that comes from playing with and against your friends. We will keep standings and the winning team in each age group will win some unique swag that commemorates the first-ever Hudson Cup.
What happens next?
Hudson Youth Soccer will follow up as we get closer to the season start date with more information about the Wednesday night schedule, team rosters, Saturday schedules, etc. We will have a number of 30-minute online information meetings between now and the start of the season where you can ask questions and find out more about the upcoming season.
In the meantime, we need your help!
We need your help keeping your kids safe. Please make sure THEY have masks on at all times. Please make sure YOU have a mask on at all times. Please stay at least SIX FEET away from others. Hudson Youth Soccer believes that this approach will allow for safe physical activity among friends and the addition of the Hudson Cup will take this to another level. We are looking forward to getting out on the field and working with your children.
If you haven’t signed up for fall soccer, please note that late registration is still available.
Registration Now Open For High School Preseason Summer 2020 Clinic/in Players /by HYSA Admin
Fall 2020 Season Registration Is Open/in Parents, Players /by HYSA Admin
FALL 2020 SEASON
- Early registration is now open for the FALL 2020 soccer season.
- All players who plan to play this fall must register (even if you registered for the spring).
- The registration fee is $0.00 for all returning players who registered for the spring season and who have not requested and received a refund.
- The early, regular and late registration fees for all other players are listed on our registration page.
SUMMER 2020 CLINICS
- Pending further direction from authorities who have jurisdiction over our play, we anticipate opening registration for our summer programs the week of June 15th.
- All players who plan to play this summer must register (even if you registered for the spring).
- The registration fee will be $150.00 for all players (due to limitations with our registration software, we can only transfer spring registration fees to one other program, which is the fall per above; note, this is different from our prior email).
- Players will be placed into grade groups based on their age for the upcoming fall 2020 – spring 2021 school year.
- Summer program highlights include:
- Run by HYSA’s Director of Coaching Chris Streeter and Revolution Academy Coaches;
- 6 weeks from the week of 7/6 to the week of 8/10;
- One session per week for SF and ASF, 2 sessions per week for grades 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8, and a return of our high school pre-season clinic (days, time of day, and length of sessions TBD); and
- Weekly game-like scrimmages for grades 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 on lined fields with referees, timed halves and uniforms.
Finally, if your player will not be playing this summer or next fall, then you may request a refund via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Season Update/in Board /by HYSA Admin
- A full 8-week season that begins later and ends later (including possible summer play).
- Shortened season that begins later and ends normally or slightly later.
- There is also the possibility of the season being canceled depending on the decisions of national, state and local authorities having jurisdiction over our play.
Fall 2019 Preseason Meeting Presentation/in Board, Coaches, Events, Meetings, Parents /by HYSA Admin
High School Preseason Clinic/in Parents, Players /by HYSA Admin
Registration is now open for the High School Preseason Clinic!
Who: For all boys and girls who plan to play any level of high school soccer during the fall of 2019.
Description: A six (6) week summer clinic including a combination of speed, agility, quickness, strength and endurance training, skills training, small‐sided games, and scrimmages. All sessions will be run by experienced New England Revolution Academy Coaches.
Location: Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, Aztec Field, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough.
When (15 Sessions)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, weeks of 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29 and 8/5, 6:30 ‐ 8:00 PM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, week of 8/12, 6:00 ‐ 8:00 PM
Registration: Go to https://reg.sportspilot.com/105576/login to register. Registration will be open from 6/3 to 8/11.
Cost: $150.00 per player with a $25.00 discount for each additional sibling.
Required: Players should wear a t‐shirt, soccer shorts, soccer socks, shin‐guards and soccer cleats. Bring a size 5 soccer ball and plenty of water.
Why should you register?
- You want extra touches on the ball to improve your game.
- You want to be physically fit the first day of team practices.
- You want to earn a starting position on your team.
- You want to hold a starting position on your team.
- You want to advance to a next level team.
- You want to improve your compete level.
- Hudson-Concord Elks Soccer Shoot Results 2021
- Fall 2021 Registration | Player Evals | Spring Season Ends | HS Clinic
- HYSA Spring 2021 Registration Now Open!
- Fall 2020 Schedule Update
- Registration Now Open For High School Preseason Summer 2020 Clinic
- Registration Now Open For Summer 2020 Soccer Clinic
- Fall 2020 Season Registration Is Open
- Spring Season Update
- Fall 2019 Preseason Meeting Presentation
- High School Preseason Clinic
- Girls G5/6A Win the Nashoba Cup!
- Winter Futsal
- Introducing our new HYSA Logo!
- Fall Preseason Meeting 2018
PO Box 9
Hudson, MA 01749